Conformity assessment to demonstrate that a product or a service meets the requirements of the applicable regulations or standards is a key issue in the process of placing it on the market.
- Provides consumers with a basis for selecting products and confidence in their features.
- Provides regulators with means to enforce national legislation and to achieve public goals like security.
- Assures manufacturers that their products meet regulations and the market access. Certification is the method to demonstrate the conformity of a product according to the requirements of the regulators or the market.
The most important elements in a product certification are:
- Testing to determine the relevant product characteristics.
- Auditing of the production process and/or quality system.
- Review of the test and auditing reports.
- Issue of the certificate.
- Surveillance by testing or inspectioon of product samples and the surveillance of the production process.
It is of paramount importance that these activities are carried out by a body that is competent, impartial, independent, responsible and reliable like the certification unit of ALTER TECHNOLOGY TÜV NORD.
Our product certification procedure and certification application forms are available on request from stakeholders.
The CE mark in a product is its passport, meaning that it can be sold throughout the UE. With the CE mark, the product manufacturer declares that the product meets all the legal requirements stated in the European Directive and that he has carried out all the applicable conformity assessment procedures.
Depending on the Directive, the manufacturer may be required to submit the product to a third party called Notified Body to have the product conformity assessment carried out.
ALTER TECHNOLOGY can provide you with the EU type examination certification for the new Radio Equipment Directive (RED), 2014/53/EU and the new Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMCD), 2014/30/EU thanks to its appointment as Notified Body for both directives.
Radio or wireless technology is key in many technological areas such as Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), Intelligent Transport, Internet of Things (IoT), Remotely Piloted Aircrafts (RPAS). The Notification Body plays a key role in placing a product on the market when there is not a harmonized standard applicable to it.
ALTER TECHNOLOGY´s notification scope as Notified Body 2031 for RED covers the following types of equipment:
- Aeronautical equipment
- Base station for Mobile Networks
- Industrial, Scientific and Medical equipment
- Private/Professional Mobile Radio
- Radio for LAN
- Satellite Earth Station
- Short Range Devices
A reliable partner in the conformity of security systems
Testing and certification of intrusion, security systems, alarms and access controls. Testing of fire detection equipment.
According to the European normative for product certification, national regulations for security (Spanish INT/314/2011, INT/316/2011, INT/317/2011 y INT/318/2011) and CPD directive for fire detection equipment.
Accredited laboratory and certification body for the following security products:
Intrusion and hold-up systems: Standards family EN 50131-x
- System requirements, according to EN 50131-1.
- Intrusion detectors:
- Passive infrared detectors, according to EN 50131-2-2.
- Microwave detectors, according to EN 50131-2-3.
- Combined passive infrared and microwave detectors, according to EN 50131-2-4.
- Opening contacts (magnetic), according to EN 50131-2-6.
- Control and Indicating Equipment (CIE) and Ancillary Control Equipment (ACE), according to EN 50131-3.
- Warning devices (sirens), according to EN 50131-4.
- Interconnections equipment using radio frequency techniques, according to EN 50131-5-3.
- Power supplies, according to EN 50131-6.
- Supervised Premises Transceiver (SPT), according to EN 50131-10.
Electronic access control systems:
- According to the standards family EN 50133-x:
- System requirements, according to EN 50133-1.
Requirements for components, according to EN 50133-2-1.