OPTOCAP is a technology oriented company active in the field of optoelectronics, microelectronics and MEMS packaging design and assembly services. Its turn-key packaging services enable its customers to reduce development and manufacturing costs, accelerate time to market and reduce risk with new product developments. OPTOCAP works in a wide variety of industrial sectors for which quality and reliability is a must along with an efficient supply chain.
2003 – Established as Optocap Ltd
- Wholly owned and funded by Scottish Enterprise
- Providing packaging services to start-ups, spin-outs, universities, multinationals
2009 – Management Buy Out from Scottish Government
- Funded by Management Team
2016 – Acquisition by Alter Technology Group
- Continued service provision to start-ups, spin-outs, universities, Multinationals
- Optocap Ltd. Provides sub-contract design and assembly for optoelectronics and microelectronics devices.
- Focus on specialised engineering and assembly services (high added value) for high-tech fields.
- Primary geographic market is in Western Europe.
- Commercial customers ranging from start-up to multi-national.
- Academic institutions.
- Government/EU funded collaborative research projects.
- Main target market in Hi-Rel areas.
- Space, Aerospace, Defence, Oil and Gas, Automotive.