Telecommunications Test Engineer (WiFi and LAN Technologies) m/f
Position to occupy at
Alter Technology, Location Madrid
This is what you can expect
- Perform routers and LAN technologies testing (FTTH, IPTV, WiFi, ADSL, VDSL etc.) for one of our customers, a major telecommunications company, and execute defined test plans for router devices, including various technologies (WiFi 802.11, TCP/IP, IPv6, TR-069, security, IPTV, Ethernet LAN, PLC, GPON)
- Prepare and perform the tests, record and archive measurement data and write testing reports
- Analyze test results, debug and provide associated reporting
- Closely interact with customers and manufacturers in technical matters
- Develop new testing methods, identify incidents and device failures and support the manufacturers to achieve conformity level according to company requirements
This is what we expect
- Relevant education in computer science or telecommunications.
- Several years of experience in a similar role dealing with the following technologies: Ethernet, VLAN, Q in Q protocols, IP protocols and IP networks, software tools and measurement equipment such as Spirent, Sparnex, TraceSpan, SmartBits, Wireshark/Ethereal, IPerf, DSLAN, routers and switches
- Proven track record in configuring and testing TCP/IP networks and with typical protocols
- Knowledge of configuring network testbeds and setups to test routers and related LAN technologies
- Familiarity with OSI model, TCP/IP, IEEE 802.11xx, DNS, IPTV, IGMP, firewalls, Linux, TR-069, TR-104, VoIP, GPON desirable
- Good communication skills in English
- Quality-oriented working style along with the ability to work both as part of a team and independently
Why you should choose us
• Our flexible working hours scheme and comprehensive holidays package help you to better balance your work and personal life.
• We actively support our employees in their personal and professional advancement with a wide range of internal seminars and our management development program.
• You can also look forward to a number of attractive benefits such as life insurance, a flexible payment plan (providing fiscal advantages in private health insurance), sports club, etc., to mention just a few.
We look forward to receiving your application, indicating your salary expectations and earliest possible start date. Please apply online via the "apply online" button. The TÜV NORD GROUP is committed to equal opportunities and to promoting diversity among its workforce. People with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. JobID: 2018ATN8692
About TÜV NORD GROUP